A review on Pakistani TV Rom-Drama Series, Bin Roye (2017) aka Without Crying. The Production House is MD Productions whereas its Distributor is Hum Network Limited.
- Directed by Hassam Hussain, Shahzad Kashmiri & Momina Duraid (Produced)
- Cinematography by Farhan Alam
- Written by Farhat Ishtiaq
- Edited by Syed Tanveer Alam & Faizan Saleem
- Title Song “Bin Roye” by Shiraz Uppal
Bin Roye aired on Hum TV from 2nd Oct 2016 – 22nd Jan 2017. It consists of total 17 episodes. Its screenplay is written by Muhammad Wasi-ud-din.
This series is the television adaptation of the 2015 film of the same name, which itself was based on the novel of the same name by Farhat Ishtiaq. All the original cast of the film have reprises their roles, including the main cast of the film, Mahira Khan, Humayun Saeed and Armeena Khan.
The news at the start was Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan and Sanam Baloch, who were initially selected for the roles; however, according to the latest update on its official page, Fawad has been replaced by Humayun Saeed, while Armeena Khan will be playing the role that initially belonged to Sanam Baloch.
+ Main Cast
- Mahira Khan as Saba Shafiq
- Humayun Saeed as Irtaza
- Armeena Rana Khan as Saman Shafiq
- Javed Sheikh as Shafiq Rehmat Ali
- Zeba Bakhtiar as Maleeha Shafiq
- Azra Mansoor as Dadi
- Jahanzeb Khan as Zafar Shafiq
- Adnan Malik as Amir
- Junaid Khan as Safir
+ Supportive Cast
- Saima Kanwal as Safeer’s mother
- Shazia Naz as Sonia
- Rashid Khawaja as Ansar / Maleeha’s brother
- Aini Zaidi as Ansar’s wife
- Huma Nawab as Safeer’s mother (young)
- Arjumand Hussain as Javed (Cameo)
- Adeel Hussain as N/A (Cameo)
- Zaheen Tahira as Rehmat Bua (Cameo)
- Saman Ansari as Amir’s sister (Cameo)
Saba is in love with Irtaza since childhood days but Irtaza is unaware of this. He instead sees her as his best friend. But Saba’s life starts to shatter when Saman enters in Irtaza’s life.
+ High Points
i – Mahira Khan’s performance is WOW! Her character as Saba is of a young girl with 12 years age difference with Irtaza, who is unknown of her love feelings for him since her childhood days. Mahira performed with guilt ridden madness to its perfection.
ii – I consider this TV drama series as one of the best works of Humayun Saeed. He has performed this role with such enthusiastically and maturely that I can officially say Yes, Humayun is truly a great artist. Other Honorable Mentions: Armeena Khan, Junaid Khan and Azra Mansoor and Saima Kanwal.
iii – The writing has been superb by Farhat Ishtiaq and its screenplay by Muhammad Wasi-ud-din.
iv – Top notch production design while all its locations were very carefully chosen.
v – Nice job in its costumes designing.
vi – Admirable work in its makeup and hair styling.
vii – Surprising cameo appearance by respected Arjumand Hussain.
viii – Everyone’s performances are very good indeed. A great thanks to the director who made sure the performances came on top.
+ Low Points
i – Some of the shots of direction of photography are vaguely handled.
Bin Roye is a rich and powerful TV drama series that without a trace of unrealism or the slightest hint of cultural supremacy, speaks expressively for the consequences of selfishness.
Rate: 5 out of 5 stars